Monday, February 28, 2005

Oscars, etc.

The Oscars were pretty good last night. I liked how in some categories they brought all the nominees on stage so everyone got a moment in the sun, but I hated the awards they presented in the balconies and in the aisles. Almost everyone looked great. I especially liked Natalie Portman(my brother's wife), Kate Winslet, Gwyneth Paltrow, Halle Berry, Drew Barrymore (wow!)and Julia Roberts. Charlize, Scarlett, and the usually yummy Johnny Depp should have gone with a different stylist. I was pretty happy with all the major awards, although I wish Kate would've won best actress. Isn't Morgan Freeman just the coolest man alive? I love him! I haven't seen Million Dollar Baby because I know how it ends and I don't want to go there having lost someone just a few months ago, but I will see it when it comes out on DVD. On a final note, Beyonce is alright, I guess, but singing three songs!! Please. I would have rather heard Antonio Banderas for three songs. Could we please have a little more variety next time? Thank you.

My favorite part of Oscar night, though, is always my acceptance speech. Every Oscar night, as I go to sleep, I daydream about my Oscar night. In a few years, when I've written a few screenplays, and I've finally written that one that is made into an incredible film, I'll wear a classically beautiful dress. My hair will be soft and wavy, and my makeup will be perfect. I'll have a wicked handsome man by my side, and I'll win the Oscar. I'll cry as I remember my mom and my grandparents, and I'll go to the after parties and dance the night away. Ahhhh... Someday....

No comments: