Friday, March 04, 2005

Almost Weekend Update

Did anyone see Lost on Wednesday. That is the best show!! I even knew that Hurley had won the lottery, but I had no idea about all the other number stuff. I can't believe that the next new episode won't be until April 13!! How will I make it?!

In other news, my best friend's husband, Curt, lost his job yesterday. They currently live on Long Island, but may decide to move back to Texas. I want Curt to find whatever job will be best for him and Elizabeth, but I'm also kinda pullin' for a return to Texas. I know it's selfish, but it would be nice to see them once in a while.

On a final note, I'm a little disturbed by a blog I read today. One of the blogs I visit daily had a reference to another blog by a woman involved in a relationship with a married man. Now, I know that my beliefs are much more conservative than many. I am a Christian, and I have very high standards for behavior. That's not to say that I don't have compassion, or that I am anywhere close to living perfectly, but there are certain areas where there are lines that just shouldn't be crossed. I believe that it is never ok to have a romantic relationship with a married person. I know there are a thousand justifications that people tell themselves to make it sound alright, but I have never seen a relationship flourish that began with lies. All the cheaters I've known have been selfish liars who are only interested in getting the best of two worlds without really committing to either. A dear friend of mine was raked over the coals more than once by a married lover, and it was torture to watch her be hurt again and again. Also, as a teacher, I have to deal daily with the intense damage that cheating and divorce inflict on the children of these relationships. I just wish people would consider the damage they might cause before beginning these relationships. Camerin Courtney had an experience with this on an airplane recently. Read her story here.

No comments: