Thursday, February 24, 2005

I'm Gonna Be a Mommy!!

My librarian's cat had kittens and they need a home, so I am going to have two new babies. They are both orange and white striped, and I get to take them home in about three weeks. I'll post pictures as soon as I have some. I decided to get two so they can keep each other company when I'm at work. I am so excited!! The only other pets I've had have been fish, so it will be nice to have a pet that is huggable. Now I need help finding names. I don't want to do something common, like Pumpkin or Tiger, but I do want a name that has to do with their orange coloring. I was thinking maybe something fiery, like Spark, Flame, or Ember. Any ideas??

2 comments:

Curt said...

Flicka. Or Peeve. Then you can introduce your cat as your "friend" or your "pet."

astoria lily said...

Too much time on my hands...that's not true. I think searching for cat names is way fun. Here's what I came up with: (you didn't mention whether they were girls or boys, so I found names for both and tried to put them into categories that I thought you'd be tickled by.)

Sunkist/Fanta (both orange sodas)
Koi/Kinyo (Japanese orange fish)
Ember/Flame (fire-related)
Citrine/Topaz/Amber/Coral (orange gems)
Tangerine/Valencia/Seville/Clementine (varieties of oranges)
Autumn/Summer
Butterscotch/Caramel/Marzipan/Toffee (orangey-colored candy)
Custard/Puddin/Ginger/Cinnamon/Ambrosia (other possible orange edibles)
Marigold/Dandelion (orange flowers)
Orlando/Eldora (for your Spanish influences, both having to do with gold)
Chyou (autumn)/Genji (gold)/ Xia (glow of the sunrise)--all Chinese (for your desire to adopt a little Chinese girl
Edan (full of fire)/ Flynn (heir of the redheaded one)--for your love of the Irish
Doreen('golden' in French) and Vanna (golden-colored in Cambidian) Kira (light of the sun) Lainey (sunray) Adoni (Aboriginal for 'sunset')--other language choices
Apollo/Apollonia (Greek God of the sun)
Rojo and Raja (spanish for 'red')
Kula ('golden one')and Keahi (golden)--both Hawaiian, for your destined vacation there

Okay, that's what I got. I hope you like a pair or that reading them inspires another interesting set of names you like. Congratulations on your cat momma-ness. www.crazycatladies.org