Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Friends For Life

I read the other day that there are three kinds of friends: friends for a reason, friends for a season, and friends for life. I've had all three. Probably because I am a rather talkative person, I have never had a problem making friends for a reason. I am usually the first in a group to break the ice and get to know people. Friends for a season are harder for me. I tend to grow really attached to people, and it is hard for me when those bonds are released. Finding a friend for life is the hardest of all, but, of course, also the most rewarding. I have been so blessed to find my soul sisters. My original soul sister, Elizabeth, turned thirty yesterday. (Happy Birthday!) When we met at the age of 13, I never thought we'd play such a large role in each other's lives. Thank God for filling our lives with surprises. For some wonderful tales of other soul sisters, read the Sisterchick books. They're awesome!

On an unrelated note, I just thought I'd update my TV reviews. I saw Desperate Housewives on Sunday, and I really liked it. I'm also getting into Lost. If life as we know it is any good, ABC just might pull a comeback in the ratings. I am still loving Jack and Bobby, but Father of the Pride has turned out to be a dud. Of course Survivor and The Apprentice continue to thrill. (Gotta love that Mark Burnett!) Actually, my favorite show right now is on the WAM! network. It is called Higher Ground, about an outdoor school for troubled teens. I liked it when it was originally on a few years ago, and I love catching it again. Man, I would love to run a school like that one day.


Anyway, real life is calling.....

No comments: