Monday, October 25, 2004

Nice Breasts!

Thoughts for the day -

1. Breast is not a dirty word. It is a major body part on roughly 51% of the world's population.

2. My grandmother died of breast cancer at around age 50, having been diagnosed before she was 40. My brother and I never met her.

3. This is breast cancer awareness month. Please make a donation of money and time to help those affected by this disease. You can go the the Komen Foundation, the American Cancer Society, The Wellness Community, the Breast Cancer site, and even Target, Lee, or Ford to help the cause.

4. What's your cause?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kudos to you for this post. I worked in non profit for the past 5 years, so it seems like I always have a cause. The one I am most passionate about is the fight against cancer of all types. My husband is a cancer patient and is currently beating a serious case of stage 4 Melanoma, thank God. My uncle is battling Prostrate cancer and I've lost several people that I love to the disease.

To echo Amy- please, please, please have regular physicals and screenings for all types of cancer. Early detection can make a HUGE difference.

-Angel