Monday, January 31, 2005

Films, etc.

I just finished watching Firefly for the second time. Man that was a good series! I don't know what Fox was thinking when they pulled it so early. The film version, Serenity, is only a few months away. Yea!

I also recently watched Garden State. I'm going to have to watch it again to get all the details, but I really enjoyed it. Kudos to Zach Braff!

Tonight I plan to watch one of my new favorite shows - Medium. I didn't expect to like it at all, in fact I think that all of that ghost-y, spirit-y hocus pocus is a bunch of nonsense. But, it's a really good show. It's actually inspired a screenplay idea for me.

Although I have yet to finish one, I have several screenplays in different stages of development. I hope to finish my first, a story of teens in a wilderness therapy program, in the next few months. After watching Medium and The Gift, I began to wonder how a deeply Christian person, such as myself, would react if their dreams or visions suddenly began coming true. Would this ability be a gift from God or a curse from Satan? To me the desire to be true to your faith in the face of contradictory evidence is intriguing. I'll keep thinking about it while I finish my current story.

On a final note, it's Girl Scout cookie time!! As a former Girl Scout Camp program director, I can tell you that cookie money is used to give a lot of girls a summer camp experience that they wouldn't otherwise have. Please support this worthy (and yummy!)cause!!

No comments: