Wednesday, October 19, 2005

The Winds of Change

Well, once again I have decided that teaching is not the career for me. Last year was really bad, and this year is shaping up to be even worse. It's time for me to step out of what I know and try something new - something that is rewarding, and challenging, and decently-paid where no one yells in my ear or sneezes on me. So, knowing that looking for a job can take months, I am already putting out applications, mainly in conference planning and communications type jobs. I'm also planning on taking the foreign service exam this spring. So far, the avenues I'm most excited about pursuing are foreign service, Missions work, and communications at a university. I would like to stay in the Austin area, but for a good job I'll go anywhere. (Except, maybe, someplace like Saudi or Qatar.) I am open to any suggestions and/or job offers you feel like sending my way.

1 comment:

astoria lily said...

Subliminal message:
NYCNYCNYCNYCNYCNYC
Love you...