Friday, September 17, 2004

Allergies

I hate allergies! I have spent all day with a sore throat and without a voice - which is not a great way to control a group of 20 ten-year olds. Anyway, this brings me to a random medical question.

When I rode Mission:SPACE at Disney World, all the spinning made me very ill. (They now have barf bags installed in the ride.) My unpleasant experience led me to wonder why. I know that all of the systems of the body are designed to protect vital functions. For example, tearing of the eyes washes out impurities and pain alerts us to a problem. How do nausea and vomiting restore equilibrium? I have asked a few doctors and they haven't been able to answer. If you know, please fill me in.

On a completely unrelated track, here are my TV opinions for the week. I love Jack & Bobby on the WB. This week's series premiere was enthralling. I hope future episodes can maintain my interest. I have been surprised that I like Father of the Pride. It's animated, but it's been really funny. Joey's cute, but I don't think it will pull me away from Survivor, which, by the way, did not have that strong of a premiere. Oh well, it will get better as the field shrinks. Finally, The Apprentice is already brimming with excitement. In both of the first two episodes, I was surprised by Trump's choices. I love a show that keeps you guessing!

I can't wait for the season premieres of Crossing Jordan, ER, and Joan of Arcadia next week.

Can you tell I'm a complete media geek? :)

Anyway, I am going to spend the weekend shopping for my new apartment. I'm so excited to FINALLY be creating my own space, and to be able to tap into my inner Ty Pennington.

In case you have some time to catch a DVD this weekend, my pick for the week is Rabbit Proof Fence. It is an intriguing story of three aboriginal girls who are forceably removed from their parents and their attempt to return home. If you have time, watch the making of featurette on the DVD extras.

Have a good weekend!

No comments: