Thursday, April 14, 2005

Get the lead out!

As I've mentioned a few times before, I am writing a screenplay. I have been developing the characters and the story for a few months. I'm now actually writing the thing, and it's been a little overwhelming. I am one of those people who wants each line to be perfect before I move to the next, so I keep revising what I have as I go along. As a result, I've only finished the first 4-5 pages. At this rate, I'll be in a home before I'm finished. I think I need to begin a more dedicated effort. For instance, tonight my plan is to watch Survivor and then tape my other shows so I can write. Watching The Starlet(s) go through different acting classes gave me some good perspective on how actors approach playing characters, and I realized that I needed to add more depth to mine. Also, reading Wil's posts on acting have given me even more insight on how actors approach their craft. (He is SUCH a good writer!) I am going to a retreat this weekend, and I hope to use my free time to write even more. If I work every day, especially once school's out in summer, I should be finished by the time I return to school in August. So that means, what?, February 2007 for my Oscar? I'll be sure to thank my blogbuddies in my acceptance speech. :)

Surprisingly good film of the week: Confessions of an American Girl with Jena Malone and Brad Renfro. Harsh, but hopeful, tale of a trailer park girl and her messed up family. Check it out.

On a final note, some of you may not know that I am freakishly afraid of large birds. (I always think they will peck out my eyes and scratch my face off.) Although I have yet to encounter a goose, I'm glad I'm not the only one who has problems with birds.

No comments: