Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Hot for Teacher

Hey y'all. I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while, but I had a few technical difficulties. Hopefully now everything is back on track.

I write today to address a disturbing trend in television programming. I had been looking forward to ABC's life as we know it for some time, and the first few episodes were pretty good. A new storyline, however, has forced me to remove it from my viewing options. The show chronicles a group of three friends and their lives. Each has a girlfriend-one with Kelly Osbourne, one with a beautiful soccer player, and one with the high school English/dance teacher. {{scratching record}} What!?! That's right, one of the featured "romances" is between a 16 year old boy and his 23 year-old English teacher. When did this become ok? We all know that if the genders were reversed, a network would never air a romance between a young female student and an adult male teacher. Dawson's Creek ran a similar story line in it's first season, and Mary Kay LeTourneau is on television every other week, it seems. Why does our society continue to perpetuate this horrible double standard. I didn't think this would need to be stated, but a physical relationship with a minor is never ok. What are these people thinking? Anyway, as I said before, I now no longer watch life as we know it . I may, however, tape it to get a list of sponsors so I can let them know my feelings as well.

On a final note, congratulations Jeff W. on finishing Race for the Cure! I'm proud of you!

No comments: