Monday, November 15, 2004

Caged Monsters

It's been rainy and cold for the last 3 or 4 days, so my kids haven't been able to play outside. They are now bouncing off the wall. Pray for sunshine! :)

Over the past week or so, I've been watching the DVD's of a short-lived TV series called Firefly. Curt recommended it on his site a few weeks ago. From the mind of Joss Whedon, Firefly chronicles the adventures of the rebellious crew of a small space freighter. It only ran for about half a season and then was pulled off the air. The viewing audience was small but very devoted, so the entire season was released on DVD. They are also filming a full length feature called Serenity based on the series. It took an episode or two to get used to the concept - a combination of a frontier western and science fiction, but it has been really interesting. One episode in particular, called Out of Gas, was very good. I highly recommend renting it.

The Happy Husband recommended this link this week. I can't wait until I get to be a Tickle Monster.

:) I've heard of stashing money away for a rainy day, but this is ridiculous.

No comments: