Friday, January 06, 2006

Happy New Year!

I just returned from New York, where I had a great time. I got some much needed hangin' out time with friends, and got to do a few cool things.

I saw the Rockettes at Radio City, and they were fabulous.

We also saw the tree at Rockefeller Center, which was wonderful. I felt like I was six years old, staring at a towering tree with child-like delight.

My favorite was hanging around the Met for two whole days. I saw my favorite statue, Degas' Little Dancer. I love the American wing, and the costume institute, but they were closed for construction. I did get to spend lots of time in the European painting galleries, though. I love the VerMeers and the impressionists, like this Renoir.


It was great! Thanks so much to Laura and the Happys for taking me in. I love you guys!!

2 comments:

slow poke kate said...

wow!! LUCKY GIRL!!!

astoria lily said...

Haven't talked to you since your trip...how are things?-L