Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Touching the Void

First of all, thanks for those of you that sent your condolences about Robert. Last week was a blur. The family received a great deal of support, which was really appreciated. The funeral was wonderful. It was truly a celebration of Robert's life and the joy and love he brought to others. It was also a celebration of the certainty we have that he met Jesus last Monday morning and that we'll see him again. It was beautiful and Robert's kids did a great job planning it.

This weekend I was so tired. I tried to rest all I could, and I'm still exhausted. I forgot how tiring grieving is.

Last night I watched a movie from Netflix called Touching the Void. It was absolutely outstanding. It is the story of two young British mountaineers who climbed Peru's Siula Grande in 1985. After a successful ascent, the climbers face disastrous obstacles on the descent. It is breathtaking and frightening. This DVD is one where the extras are really good. I especially enjoyed watching Back to Siula Grande. It is an amazing story of the choices a person can make in order to survive. Although the climbers are not Christian, to me it was such an example of how God can bring us through anything if it's His will. I highly recommend it.

No comments: